12 Jan 2019 Recap – Hobart Newborn Photographer
2019 passed by in the blink of an eye…
I was honoured to meet and photograph so many beautiful families in 2019. I had many great conversations over the year. A newborn session can take 2-3 hours which means plenty of time to get to know families and sometimes I even end up feeling like they are old friends.
Highlights of the year
- Being awarded 2019 AIPP Tasmanian Newborn Photographer of the year. The first time this happened in 2017, I was blown away so to say I was over the moon to be recognized again in 2019 is an understatement.
- Receiving a community finalist award at the Find a Photographer awards, for my ongoing Rainbow Baby Project. I am so honored to have photographed so many rainbow babies this year and sharing in this very special journey with their families.
- Traveling to Melbourne to be mentored by the amazing Little Jeannie Photography. This woman is amazing and I’m so lucky to be able to refine my skills with her.
- Taking my amazing assistant Amber come onboard to assist me in the studio. She knows me so well and knows exactly what I need without me asking.
- My family and I had the most amazing trip to the South Island of NZ where we created so many wonderful memories. We even had a family photo shoot with local photographer Nova Photography. Make sure you check her out if you are ever in the area.
- Being flown to Albury/Wodonga by a beautiful client turned good friend to photograph her whole family in her home town.
- I photographed 80 precious newborn sessions
- From those 80 Newborn sessions 46 were boys and 34 were girls.
- The most popular boys names were Noah, Louis/Lewis, Jasper and Henry.
- The most popular girls names were Scarlett, Hallie and Isla.
But all in all most of my clients had chosen different names.
- To have a good work/life balance and spend quality time with my family.
- Continue to soak up knowledge and refine my skills.
- Step out of my comfort zone, especially in social environments (this one is tricky but I will give it a shot)
- Become more comfortable in front of the camera.
- Condense my prop collection to those items that bring me joy 😉 Quality over quantity.
- Live, love and laugh as much as possible.
I have a feeling that 2020 is going to be a great year. I can’t wait to take you on the journey with me.
I will leave you with just a few images of my beautiful clients from 2019.